Best T Shirt Printing Machine: Reviews and Buying Guide For 2018
A T Shirt Printing Machine is an important part of any T-shirt printing business and without a suitable machine; your business will continue to struggle to put out high-quality products. Relying on reputable t shirt printing machine will put you a step closer to acquiring you good t shirts for your business. You certainly cannot afford to gamble away your clothing business on low-quality recommendations that will only rob and frustrate you. Ready for the top selections from our T Shirt Printing Machine Reviews?
Here's our top 5 T Shirt Printing Machine Picks:
15 Best T Shirt Printing Machine Review:
1. PowerPress Industrial Quality Digital Sublimation T-Shirt Heat Press Machine Review
Our review begins with this versatile heat press machine which also saves on space. Measuring 15-by-15-inch, this high-performance digital heat press is an upgrade from the older model. This recommended best T-shirt press includes Teflon coating on its heat platen so you don't need to worry about burning your fabrics.
It is attractive too. This easy to use heat press machine opens upward so you can use it in small spaces. You can use this heat press machine to transfer almost anything on any surface.
It is great for transferring numbers, letters, and images on garments, t-shirts, mouse pads, bags, jigsaw puzzles, ID badges, ceramic tiles, and other items. Check out some of the highlighted features you can enjoy with this best heat press machine for vinyl.
2. PowerPress 5 in 1 Multifunction Sublimation Heat Press Machine Review
Do you want to transfer colorful characters and images onto garments and other items? The PowerPress 5 in 1 Multifunction Sublimation Heat Press is just the machine for you. This is your versatile, five in one solution that comes with a dish press, T-shirt press, mug press and a cap press.
You can use this machine to transfer sublimating and dissolved printing ink onto almost any surface, be it glass, ceramics, textiles including flax, cotton, nylon and chemical fiber. This best heat press machine for T-shirt printing can also be used for other heat treatments like vesicant print and low-temperature bonding of cloth lining and cloth.
Use it to make cool prints on mouse pads, T-shirts, door hangers, jigsaw puzzles, ID badges, ceramic tiles, placemats, and coasters. Any item with a flat surface that you can use for dye sublimation is suitable for this machine. Here are a few features that make this heat press machine stand out:
3. Fancierstudio Power Heat Press Industrial Quality Digital Sublimation T-Shirt Heat Press Review
An upgrade from previous models, this Fancierstudio Power Heat Press industrial Quality Digital sublimation T-Shirt Heat Press is sure to please you. Measuring 15-by-15-inch, this high-quality heat press machine comes with silicon Gel base that you can easily adjust any way you want.
The Fancierstudio DG Heat Press Digital Sublimation is best for small business. Operators open upward so you can use it in limited spaces. You can use this versatile machine for transferring images, numbers, and letters on almost any surface and material including bags, ID badges, ceramic tiles, fabrics, and of course T-shirts. It's so easy to operate, just pull the handle down until you hear it click and that's it! You're right to go.
A Teflon sheet is provided with your purchase, and the setup instructions are easy to follow. You may also like these features:
4. Fancierstudio Power Digital Heat Press 15 x 15 Sublimation Review
You may also consider this industrial grade heat press from Fancierstudio. This digital heat press machine is a brand new improvement that has been redesigned to offer you more features than the previous model.
It includes a glued down silicon rubber base that provides better stability. Use this space-saving, upward-opening model to apply images, numbers, letters, and other graphics on t-shirts, mouse pads, bags, garments, ceramic tiles, and other surfaces. Although compact, this best heat press for beginners is not lightweight.
It's sturdy enough to handle a heavy workload. It's also fast acting, that is, you don't need to wait long for it to heat up to 250 degrees. You have to be careful not to burn yourself while handling this effective heat press. Here is just a sample of its many features:
5. F2C® Pro 5 in 1 Digital Transfer Sublimation Heat Press Machine Review
OK, you are more inclined toward an all in one heat press that can handle a number of tasks. The F2C Pro 5 in 1 Digital Transfer Sublimation Heat Press Machine fits the bill. With this multi-purpose heat press, you can work with ceramics, textiles, glass, and other materials.
You'll also be able to transfer images and other graphics onto mugs, coasters, jigsaw puzzles, mouse pads, ceramic tiles and plates, and, most naturally, to T-shirts. It's a swing away model that comes with the attachments needed to make transfers on surfaces that are not flat. Controls and components in the best multifunction heat press machine are convenient and easy to use. These include a pressure adjustment knob that is full range, a silicone pad and a cotton pad you can remove.
This heat press machine is also built with safety in mind. A built-in fuse that allows safe use, an audible alarm, and a comfortable rubber grip handle are among its user-friendly features. You won't be disappointed with these highlighted features.
6. Fancierstudio Heat Press Heat Press Swing Away Heat Press 9"x12" Review
This next option from Fancierstudio is also easy to use heat press that will allow transfers of printed images using heat transfer paper, vinyl, or even rhinestone transfers! You can certainly customize your T-shirts and other items easily with the Fancierstudio Power Heat Press.
This best swing away heat press option is suitable for both personal and commercial purposes. Expect this versatile heat press to perform well with any size job. The great features of this machine are that it maintains strong pressure and even temperature on the material you are working with. There is no doubt about the quality of the transfers that result – they are long lasting and look professional!
So, if you're printing T-shirts for your family or customers, the Fancierstudio Power Heat Press is sure to create a lasting impression! Setting your heat and time controls is easy, and you will immediately feel the heat. Simply press your settings button and make your temperature adjustments to suit the vinyl and press it again to change your timer. When finished, it beeps. Here are some more of its great features.
7. F2C Pro 6 in 1 Combo Heat Press Machine T-shirt Hat Cap Mug Plate Digital Transfer Sublimation Machine (6 in 1) Review
Your choice of heat press machine includes this six in one offer – the F2C Pro 6 in 1 Combo Heat Press Machine. This popular machine allows more versatility where working with different materials is concerned. You can interchange the heat platens and other components of this machine to get your job done.
Easily transfer sublimating and dissolved printing ink onto any material such as glass, ceramics, and fabric. If you are in your own T-shirt business this heat press is a great asset. This best heat press machine for small business users is easy to set up and use. You can set the temperature and timer quickly, and the pressure is adjustable.
You don't have to worry about uneven temperature from this heat press, as it keeps its temperature settings well. You might need to check whether the demand on your circuit breaker is too much. If necessary, you might need to upgrade your power supply. Take a look at these highlighted features.
8. F2C 15" x 15" Black Digital Clamshell Heat Press Transfer T-shirt Sublimation Machine Review
The first thing you'll notice about this clamshell heat press machine is that it is sturdy and not lightweight. You can easily see why this F2C 15 by 15-inch Digital Clamshell Heat Press is the best T-shirt press for transferring numbers, letters, and images fabrics and other material. The only restriction is that the surfaces must be flat.
You can produce gift items, ads, and other outputs for family and friends as well as for clients. You can also adjust the digital timer control up to an incredible 9999 seconds. This heat press has a digital temperature gauge that has the capability of between 0 - 200°C (or to 430°F). You can switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius whenever you like by pressing the set button for a few seconds.
You don't have to buy a separate Teflon sheet because the top platen already has this installed around it. On top of that, you can set your temperature and the timer settings very easily and expect accurate heat every time. The handle grip is comfortably cushy and the thick silicone pad that comes with this machine is moveable. Here are some more of the F2C heat press machine's most prominent features.
9. ePhotoInc 15 x 15" T-Shirt Heat Transfer Press Sublimation Heat Press Machine Review
Maybe this ePhotoInc 15 by 15-inch heat press is more suitable for your business or personal hobbies. In that case, you won't be distressed with the upward opening and compact model that you can use even in small spaces.
Indeed, this machine may very well be the only thing you need to transfer graphics and lettering to your T-shirts and other surfaces. This best heat press for beginners is versatile enough for different materials including fabrics and ceramic. It is delivered with certain preset settings, so you don't have to do any adjustments. It heats up quickly and the transfers done with this machine are long-lasting.
A Teflon sheet is provided with this heat press, so you don't need to buy a separate one. See some other features you need to check out.
10. Super Deal Digital Swing Away 12" X 10" Heat Press Clamshell Transfer Machine Review
Another of the best swing away heat press options you could try is the Super Deal Digital Swing Away 12-inch by 10-inch Heat Press. It is ideal for transferring photos and other images as well as lettering to fiber, cotton, ceramic, metal, glass and other materials. You can produce promotional advertisements, gift items, and different outputs using this versatile machine.
In addition to the T-shirt, this machine can apply transfers to bags, garments, mouse pads, ceramic tiles, jigsaw puzzles, and other surfaces that are flat. You can rotate the swing-away upper heat platen by 360 degrees which makes it easy for you to operate unrestricted with your T-shirts and other items - without burning yourself.
Also, unlike other clamshell machines, this heat press applies to heat transfer pressure directly from above. This means an even heat contact with the base surface. You can easily operate the handle manually to open and shut the machine and adjust the pressure using the knob on the back. Check out these other highlighted features which you might like.
11. ZENY Digital 12"x10" Heat Press Swing Away Sublimation Machine Review
The best heat press machine for T-shirt printing may very well be the Zeny Digital 12" x 10" Heat Press Swing Away Sublimation Machine. The swing away design improves on the clamshell model as you can apply pressure straight down and more evenly for better quality transfers.
It is ideal for heat transfers on T-shirts, although you can also use this machine on other materials like glass, ceramic, wood and metal. The swing away design also allows you to work quite unrestricted in your space and at the same time avoid burning yourself in the process. Produce awesome heat transfers on tote bags, mouse pads, ceramic tiles, fabrics and other fun items. Also, You can use these products as gift items for your family and friends as well as to promote your business.
You would need to assemble the plastic foot to keep the machine steady. Read the instruction manual entirely and carefully. You may find these highlighted features useful as well.
12. Promo Heat Swing-away Sublimation Heat Transfer Press Machine Review
For a commercial-grade machine go for the Promo Heat Swing-away Sublimation Heat Transfer Machine. This machine comes with a 12 by a 9.25-inch heating element which you can use to make custom T-shirts, license plates, and different fun and unique items.
You can transfer your creations onto any flat surface materials including metal, fabric, ceramic, glass and wood. With the swing-away construction, the pressure is applied straight down, so the transfer is more evenly made. The lower platen, which is made of aluminum, is integrated with a high-temperature silicone pad that is also elevated to make it easier to put in and take out T-shirts.
The Teflon coated heating element is also non-stick, so there is no scorching of the material during transfers. You don't need a separate silicone or Teflon sheet for this best swing-away heat press. You can also use the pressure adjustment knob to adjust the pressure according to how thick the material is.
You may, however, need to be careful when you open or close the swing-away as the power cable, which is located into the top rear, tends to be dislocated or unplugged triggering the beep. You might then have a little difficulty getting the heating element to heat to the proper setting or even get the beeping to stop. Anyway, you will appreciate these other highlighted features of this versatile heat press machine.
13. ZENY Heat Press Machine Digital 15-by-15-Inch Sublimation T-Shirt Heat Press Transfer Machine Review
Another great option from Zeny is its digital 15 by 15-inch sublimation heat press machine. It is quite an efficient heat press which comes with a coated heat plate that makes it fun and easy to press your designs on any flat surface.
You'll find this machine quite easy to set up and use. The digital time and temperature controls are also easy to use, and the pressure is also easy to adjust. Heat distribution is even and stable, so you won't need to worry about the quality of your heat transfers.
The results from this best heat press machine for vinyl are professional quality and long-lasting. Just ensure that your temperature settings are the right ones for the vinyl you are pressing.
14. PowerPress 8 in1 T-shirt Digital Heat Press Machine Review
Experience the endless possibilities with this eight-in-one heat press from PowerPress. This digital heat press machine is so versatile that you can use it to transfer designs not only on T-shirts but flat ceramic plates, mugs, mouse pads, coasters, caps, and ceramic tiles. This best multifunction heat press machine comes with various upgraded attachments you can use for different materials. Simply plug in and turn on, it's so easy to use!
Your temperature settings may be either Fahrenheit or Celsius. You can also operate this heat press safely thanks to its intelligent audible alarm which tells you when the transfer is completed, and its built-in fuse that prevents electrical problems. The rubber grip handle is comfortable for use every day and for when you have a long production cycle.
The PowerPress eight-in-one heat press machine is a high-performance and heavy-duty machine that is bound to satisfy high volume projects. Because it is so heavy, it is not easily portable and is best to set up in one area you are sure will not be used for any other purpose. You can use its drawers to store vinyl and blank T-shirts! It comes with a one year manufacturer's warranty and a three-year non-gratuitous warranty. Here are some other features you'll love.
15. Promo Heat 15 careful. x 15 in. Sublimation Heat Transfer Press Machine - Clamshell - Model PRO-3804X Review
Our final pick is the Promo Heat 15" x 15" Sublimation Heat Transfer Press Machine. This clamshell model is versatile and with its large heating area, offers greater flexibility in the types of materials you can use.
Any item with a flat surface can be used on this machine including metal, fabric, ceramic, wood, and glass. You don't have many restrictions on the type of items you can produce using this effective machine. Mouse pads, license plates, tote bags, and of course the T-shirt are ideal for this machine. The Promo Heat heat press machine is effortless to operate because it arrives completely assembled.
You'll appreciate its weight, which is heavy enough to provide stability whenever you use it. It also comes with a Teflon sheet which you can use in your heat transfers. Consider also these highlighted features of the best heat press for beginners.
Sewing Machine Table: Sewing Machine Table Review
How to use your T Shirt Printing Machine
Now that you have chosen your best T Shirt Printing Machine and have brought it home, you may wish to review certain tips on how to use it. Certainly, once you know how to use and care for your heat press machine, you'll get the most out of it for a long time. No matter what kind of heat press machine you purchase, there are a few common similarities in how they operate.
Turning the unit on is as simple as flipping an on/off switch. Next, you set your thermostat by adjusting the knob until you see the red heating light. As soon as the thermometer shows you the temperature you have set for the transfer, return the knob to the original position. The heating light will flick on and off to regulate the desired temperature.
Raise the handle to open the heating press and lay out your material and transfer paper. Be sure to place the transfer paper face down on your material. Lower the handle to lock it in place. Set your timer to the instructions on the transfer paper. For machines equipped with a digital timer, select the timer to set the time until you hear the alarm. Stop it from resetting. Once completed, lift the handle and open the press. Remove the transfer paper from your material. Wait at minimum 24 hours to allow the transfer to "lock" before you can put it in water.
Here are some other recommendations on how to use your purchase from the best T-shirt press machines on the market:
- Find a suitable location to place it. You can put it somewhere that you can easily access it from all sides. This will make your work much more efficient and smoother. Whether your best heat press machine is a clamshell or a swing-away design avoid areas that restrict your workflow using it. The less cluttered and restrictive the workspace is, the better. Another consideration in choosing where to put your heat press is stability. As much as possible avoid uneven floor surfaces. If this cannot be avoided, find a way to adjust your heat press to compensate for the uneven surface.
- Before you apply any transfer to your fabric material, stretch or press it out first. Pressing your material first will remove any moisture that may be caught in the item during storage or transit. Once you press the material you'll find it much easier to make your transfers to it. Unsightly cracks and wrinkles will also be avoided when you do this step.
- To avoid unintentionally burning your material, test different heat and time settings on an old shirt first. This way you will find the best settings for the material you'll be using. Of course, if you already know the appropriate time and heat settings, you may skip this step. To be on the safe side, however, it's a good idea to test your settings anyway, just in case your heat press acts up.
- You may also need to select the most appropriate vinyl for the transfer you will be doing. While there are so many vinyl options to choose from, carefully consider which one you will be using for your project so that you may buy the right one. Not all vinyl work well with the time and heat settings you are comfortable with, so careful review of your vinyl options is necessary. You may find that certain vinyl is recommended for use with your particular machine and materials.
- Another thing you may want to check for is the heating surface – to make sure that when you place your item it is flat and evenly distributed. While the fault is not necessarily with the machine's heating surface itself, you will need to ensure that the material you will be transferring to is flat, straight, and smoothly laid out. Avoid lumps and seams when making your transfers. One trick you can use to make sure your T-shirt is straight is to align the tag with the heat press. The best operation is when the top and the bottom heating surfaces are perfectly aligned and closed.
- A step most first-time users might not have considered is testing the print before applying it on the T-shirt. The need to test your print is more pertinent when you consider how expensive transfer paper is. Testing the design on regular paper first to check for errors, misalignments, and other goofs will save you valuable transfer paper for the real job. Also, to be absolutely sure of the final results, first test your transfer on a piece of material or old shirt that you will discard.
How To Take Care of Your T Shirt Printing Machine
1. Your work area should be free of dust for your heat press to work more effectively. Clean your work area frequently. Every few months you may also use an air duster to clean the electrical areas of your heat press machine.
2. Keep your upper platen clean of excess residues or inks. This you can do with a moist, soft flannel or cloth once or twice per month. You can clean off the melted ink while the press is still hot. Don't burn yourself! If that is not possible, or it doesn't work, turn off the machine and wait for it to cool down before using a household surface cleaner or recommended solvent to wipe the ink off. Never use metal scrapers or abrasive scrubs to clean the heating elements on your heat press machine. To avoid ink and another residue in the first place, use a cover sheet or a flexible pad to protect the upper platen.
3. Prevent wear and tear on your heat press machine by using a lower platen cover. You can follow the instructions on how to use these covers effectively. But, how would you know when your heat press is wearing out? Apart from the obvious signs of wear on the high-temperature silicone rubber pad - the low patches on the edges or in the center - you can periodically check for other signs of wear. One simple check is to put paper strips at each corner of the pad and lock your heat platen. Pull out each paper strip. If you can easily pull these strips with the press locked, it's a sign that your pad is becoming worn. A worn pad will not allow pressure to be applied evenly. To solve this problem, purchase replacement pad kits from your manufacturer.
4. Apply grease to rods at the pivot or hinge that are exposed on your heat press machine at least twice per year. Grease the pressure adjustment spindles and units as well. Lubricating these components with recommended high-temperature lithium grease will keep your machine operating efficiently and rust free. Be careful, however, to apply the grease lightly to avoid soiling the garments and materials you will be transferring to.
5. It is important to always use the power cord that is supplied with your heat press machine and avoid using a substitute. Your heat press is a high demand machine which relies on a stable supply of power so voltage and other safety issues must be carefully observed. To avoid fires, do not place your power cord on or near hot surfaces. Keep your power cord in good condition.
6. Examine your heat press machine at least once per year to check for cold spots. The ability to distribute heat evenly is vital for the effective operation of your heat press machine. A heat press machine test kit that you can purchase will help you in doing this check.
7. Keep spare parts around. Of course, this may sound like a no-brainer, but for some brands of heat presses, it is normal to expect wear and tear on certain parts, especially if the press is heavily used. You certainly cannot afford to wait for a replacement part to arrive at your shop to continue your production. Common parts that may go bad from time to time include circuit breakers, switches (on/off), gas springs, and even control boards.
Our power press heat press reviews have taken you through our recommendations for T Shirt Printing Machine that will suit your personal or commercial purposes. We have also shown you a few tips on how to use and care for your new T Shirt Printing Machine. By now you would have identified the best T Shirt Printing Machine for your purposes and are now ready to launch your next project. There are so many things you can do with the right heat press machine, and you will be satisfied with the heat press options we have presented to you.